The majority of Inner City List users are trustworthy and have good intentions. Although with many of these good people, there asafety.phpre bad people out there looking to do harm.
It is very important to have street smarts when it comes to dealing with merchant in the street. Take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources:
- Make sure you meet in a public meeting place like a strip mall, restuarant, cafe, bar, or any place where there are a lot of people around.
- DO NOT meet in a quite, secluded, or dark place, or invite strangers into your home.
- Meet in the daytime. DO NOT meet after work in the dark. Wait until Saturday or Sunday morning.
- Be very careful when buying/selling high priced items.
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going just in case.
- Take your cell phone along if you have one
- Consider having a friend come with you.
- Trust your instincts. If it doesn't seem safe... leave.
- Models: Be careful about predatory individuals. Take a friend with you, and meet at the mall. Do not meet at a house or apartment for the first visit.
- Bring a self-defense weapon with you just in case.. such as pepper spray.
Inner City List is not responsible for any misfortune that might come to you from making a transaction in an unsafe environment.